It is a disorder felt more by the female sex, especially in the menopause age, but in recent years this phenomenon also involves younger women, even adolescents, and even some boys. These are heavy, aching legs, full of excess fluid stagnation and no return of blood flow from the periphery to the heart. Seniors, adults and children now spend most of their time sitting at a desk, in front of the computer, or on the sofa watching television. This type of passive attitude is deleterious for our body, which instead would always want us to be active, fit, and light. Legs weigh only one third of the total pounds, and are forced to support the other two thirds of body weight, and at times this can be exhausting work for them. Especially during the summer, many people notice swelling that is sometimes particularly significant in the area of the ankles and feet. That is a clear symptom of water retention and a lack of constant movement. Our lymphatic system should be helped by drinking plenty of fluids and trying to use the lower limbs as much as possible, avoiding the lift, cycling to work, or shopping on foot, forgetting the car. During the gloomy days we can also do some home exercise, such as going up and down the stairs 10 times in a row, or jogging on the spot, perhaps to music! Exercises can be fun, and can also be combined with classic household chores, such as dusting, mopping, or ironing.e.
Some useful tips to slim your legs
Here are some tips to apply every day without much effort:
- During the hot season, take a nice cool shower, using the jet starting from the feet, then ankles, calves and thighs, to stimulate blood circulation with the almost cold watere
- We reduce the static hours and try some little tricks to get moving at any time of the dayta
- We use graduated compression stockings, specially designed for those suffering from poor venous return, leg pain and swelling
- We avoid overdoing the salt in food and try to keep the body weight stable
- Let's remember to drink a lot during the day, perhaps helping us with refreshing drinks, light and rich in mineral salts such as, for example,Thermojetics Herbalife herbal teae, invigorating and draining; manages to hydrate you constantly and at the same time helps to dispose of all excess fluids, thus preventing them from stagnating in the legs and ankles. Herbalife also proposesConcentrated Aloe with Herbse, a formulation obtained from the Aloe plant, rich in potassium and magnesium, excellent for circulation and antioxidants to fight free radicals.i.
What we mean by water retention
Water retention is the body's difficulty in expelling fluids and usually occurs with inflammation of the soft tissues, caused by an accumulation of fluid outside the cells. Normally, these liquids are not retained and are drained through the venous blood circulation and lymph, to rid the body of toxins and waste. When this circulation does not take place correctly, stagnations form.agni.