Your shopping cart is currently empty.
The role of salt in the dietIt is correct to say that salt hurts and makes you fat? It is the enemy of health and fitness It causes cellulite and increases the pressure These statements are only partially true. If we ingestmo too much salt blood pressure increases; therefore, the more sodium you take, the higher your risk of developing arterial hypertension. This factor damages the heart because in the presence of hypertension the arteries thicken and the left ventricle of the heart becomes enlarged, thus increasing the risk of heart attack. Excess sodium can also cause ocular hypertension and visual disturbances; salt is especially bad for diabetics as it increases the risk of blindness. A high salt intake increases the risk of cavities and osteoporosis, can damage the stomach walls, can promote kidney stones and hurts during pregnancy because it would increase the risk of gestosis with placental abruption. Those who regularly consume salty foods are at greater risk of obesity because salt has no calories, but it stimulates thirst that can be satisfied with sugary or alcoholic drinks. In a diet, the salt intake must be absolutely reduced even in the presence of some diseases such as heart failure, renal failure and cirrhosis. In a person in good health, excessive salt intake is not a problem, even if, over time, it predisposes the individual to hypertension and water retention. A lack of salt in the diet can favor, especially in summer, the onset of cramps, decreasing appetite and mental clarity. Table salt can be obtained from the sea, sea salt, or from rock, rock salt or rock salt. di rocca.
Cooking salt, not just Italian
- ThePink Himalayan salta it is the most precious of all, it does not have an aggressive taste and does not overly cover the taste of food and is not subjected to refining
- TheBlue salt of Persia it is a rock salt from Iranian salt mines, it is quite rare and its bluish color is due to the presence of sylvinite. It is a particularly savory salt with a slightly spicy aftertaste.
- TheRed Salt from Hawaii it is the traditional table salt of Hawaii; its name and its color are due to a red clay of volcanic origin, it has a flavor reminiscent of toasted hazelnuts. It is recommended for seasoning grilled meat, grilled fish and roasted meat..
- TheGray salt of Brittany compared to common kitchen salt, it has a lower sodium content and a greater wealth of other minerals and its color is due to a clay that is deposited on the seabed of the salt flats. Recommended for dressing boiled vegetables..
- TheBlack Salt from Cyprus it is a salt obtained from the waters of the island of Cyprus and is enriched with vegetable charcoal and is recommended for seasoning eggs, soups, white fish and fried sweet potatoes..
- The Smoked Salt from Denmark it is a kitchen salt subjected to a smoking process and is used to give more flavor to meats and vegetables.
- TheSalt of the Camargue it is a rather rare raw salt of considerable value and is known as salt caviar and is used to flavor fine dishes.