Your shopping cart is currently empty.
Let's find out about cholesterol:definition and remedies
- Hormonal precursor, as it synthesizes hormones
- Producer of bile
- Embryo developer
- Structural protector, as it is part of cell membranes
- Vitamin D co-trainer
Good cholesterol and bad cholesterolivo’This is a classification that has been part of our culture for years, the distinction of which is determined by the type of protein, that is when HDL high density lipoproteins are present we speak of good cholesterol, while the bad one is given by low lipoproteins. LDL density. When LDL values exceed the threshold established by the Ministry of Health, then we can actually speak of an excess of bad cholesterol. Up to these values, however, it has its specific function and its importance. In practice, there must be, as long as there is not an overabundance of it. When an excess of cholesterol is denoted, these molecules clog the arteries preventing a normal blood supply. In short, they create very dangerous mechanical barriers, which lead to cardiovascular diseases. They are also called atherosclerotic plaques and gradually damage the walls of blood vessels. An excess of cholesterol can be caused by genetic factors or an inadequate lifestyle, poor exercise and high-fat foods. HDL molecules, on the other hand, transport plasma from the periphery of the body to vital organs.ani vitali.
How to decrease the risk of stroke and heart attackLipercolesterolemia can also be fought at the table, where the correct food choices lead to a better state of health. The rules to be adopted in these cases are as follows:
- Prefer plant-based foods, as bad cholesterol molecules are found in animal-based foods
- Abundant therefore with fruit, vegetables and legumes; the latter are also a rich source of lean and plant-based proteins
- Avoid fatty cooking such as fried foods and prefer boiling, baking or steaming
- Include whole grains and fiber in the diet, at least 25 grams per day, as they greatly reduce the absorption of fats by the intestineno
- Prefer as a condiment, albeit moderately, extra virgin olive oil, rich in good cholesterol, or Omega-3 fatty acidsa-3
- Avoid cigarette smoking, as it inhibits the accumulation of HDL in favor of LDLL
- Practicing physical activity on a weekly basis, more or less intense, to avoid the metabolic syndrome and to dispose of any extra pounds especially on the waistline, which should never exceed 85 centimetersi