It often happens that you wake up in your bed with little life force and have no intention of leaving it. The alarm clock has already rung several times… and we are always there, turning around without the slightest desire to go to work, or to school, or to prepare the children for kindergarten. Many people cannot put together a sensible sentence until after having consumed two or three cups of coffee, others feel fatigued and tired even during the car ride to the office… others have a constant need for sweets to cheer themselves up ' and feel more energetic. Stress and a hectic life often lead us to no longer care about our vital force threshold and we continue with our routine without ever asking ourselves the whys, the causes and the consequences of what we do. Like almost all problems, analyzing what we bring to the table every day can tell us much more than we think... a healthy and balanced diet can really work wonders! There are in fact some foods that give an extra charge of vitality, and can be really useful to our cause of eternal sleepiness.
- Not everyone really likes garlic, and after eating it we should at least brush our teeth and chew a mint! But not everyone knows that it's really very good for you, since it's a natural antibiotic, and it fights fatigue; it also regulates the release of sugar in the blood
- Dried fruit is rich in minerals, vitamins, proteins and anti-radical fats; calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and vitamin B6 are all useful components to keep the energy level high during the day
- Oranges and bananas are rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, immune system stimulant and energy vitamin; bananas also have lots of carbohydrates and potassium; fruit in general helps the body to store iron, thus fighting anemia and low vitality
- Oats promote a gradual release of energy as they have a low glycemic index, are rich in magnesium and potassium and vitamin B, for the production of energy. Oat bran is also excellent, which stimulates the disposal of fats by promoting intestinal transit
- Chili pepper stimulates the appetite and helps the digestive system, promoting the assimilation of nutrients and giving energy during the day
- Ginger is a powerful detoxifier and protects the intestine by promoting the restoration of energy throughout the body
To meet the needs of our body and to better face the day that awaits us, the Herbalife laboratories have studied and tested with very positive results a formulation called Liftoff
, or an energy drink composed of guarana (with caffeine for concentration and memory), vitamin B (B12, riboflavin, thiamine and pantothenic acid), vitamin C against fatigue. With only 9 calories per serving, it's a great alternative to sugary or fizzy drinks.
Effects of caffeine
Caffeine is an alkaloid present in many plants, over 60 different species. It is extracted from the fruits from the seeds and leaves and is added to tea, coffee and recently also in the so-called energy drinks. The most classic and well-known effect of this natural substance is the removal, at least temporarily, of tiredness, sometimes also causing disturbed sleep. A less known but well-present effect in caffeine is the stimulus towards diuresis and therefore useful for the elimination of toxins. In recent times, the presence of powerful antioxidants has been demonstrated in drinks containing caffeine and also in chocolate. These antioxidants appear to work in favor of cancer prevention. Some analyzes carried out in recent years have found a positive effect of caffeine in the treatment of allergies, since it is able to reduce the concentration of histamines, i.e. nitrogenous chemical mediators that are formed in the face of an allergen.